Monday, September 8, 2008

NOT FOR SALE!

So after 2 years of being on the market, we finally decided to take the House For Sale sign down. I am actually quite relieved...no more cleaning!!! We decided to take the house off the market for now because Jer will be out of town on and off (more on than off) for the month of October & November, we are remodeling the loft so the whole house somehow is a complete mess, and being that I am due in December, I won't have a lot of time to keep up on housework and Christmas parties much less have house showings. I wish it would have sold, but I was so sick of having it on the market. We will try again next spring.
In the meantime, here are some pictures of the remodeling we have been doing:
We connected the dormers on the front of the house so that we could stand up in our loft. Jer and I will be moving our bedroom to the loft, Jordyn's bedroom to our current room, and the baby to Jordyn's nursery...which we will not be leaving pink!

4 comments:

Katy said...

Looks awesome!! Probably a smart move taking it off the market. Then when you are ready to put it back on the loft will be all done.

Tiffany Kraker said...

It's amazing how much it makes the outside of your house look bigger with the dormers connected. Who knows, maybe there will be some newlyweds looking for a house and see the "just listed" sign in the spring and jump on it right away!

Sarah said...

Cool blog! Where did you get the background? Same place as Jen? I need to change mine soon. I don't think I've seen you since you announced that you're prego...I bet you're so cute, just like last time. Selling a house is such a pain...sorry that it didn't sell, but with all the cool updates, maybe next spring your luck will change. We're hoping to sell at some point too, but this economy is sorta scary. Oh, and I saw Jordan today at Grandma K's...she's such a cutie!

The Velderman's said...

I got the background at cutestblogontheblock.com. Katy told me about it. They have a lot to pick from. Grandma said you were surprised at how big Jordyn was already! I'm a little relieved to hold onto the house...and smaller house payment for now.