Friday, September 26, 2008

BURNING HANDS

My sister-in-laws, my mom, and I got together yesterday afternoon to can pizza/tomato sauce using the tomatoes from Katy's garden. I helped out by chopping up the hot peppers. While I was chopping, they asked me if my hands were burning at all because normally theirs do if they didn't wear gloves. I told them that my hands didn't burn at all and that I had never heard of such a silly thing. Well...around 7:00pm last night (about 5 hours after I chopped the peppers), my hands started to feel a burning sensation. It kept getting worse....so bad that I couldn't even take them out of cold water for a minute. It felt like I stuck my hands in a firepit! I tried all of the solutions listed on the internet that I could think of (apparently this is a frequent problem with peppers), but nothing worked. I finally tried to go to sleep on the couch (so I wouldn't bug Jer) with 2 bags of ice, one in each hand. Needless to say, it was a painful and sleepless night. They finally stopped burning around 4am. I wished I wasn't pregnant so that I could take some sort of medicine to knock myself out with. Oh well, I am feeling much better today. I just thought I would warn everyone....wear gloves!!! And Katy, Amber, and mom....next time around, someone else chops peppers!!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany Kraker said...

geeze, that sounds awful. As if you don't have enough things keeping you awake at night, ya have to deal with burning hand. Hopefully you get some rest tonight!

Katy said...

Oh man, I laughing hard over here. Not that its funny at all! Next time I'll be happy to chop the peppers if you do the onions so I don't cry.

Jen said...

I have never heard of that before, no fun!