Jace had his 9 month check up this morning. I can't my little boy is 9 months old already! His appointment went well. He weighs 20lbs 5oz (50%) and is 29 3/4" (75th%)....long & lean! I was concerned that he had an ear infection, but thankfully he does not. We figure it must be teeth. It seems as though he has been teething for 6 months now...still no teeth.
Another concern we talked about was his eating. He will not eat or even try to eat solids. He is making progress because he used to gag until he threw up and now he doesn't gag but just spits anything lumpy out. As of right now, we were told to just keep trying to give him solids. We were also told to work with him on consonant sounds such as "ma ma or da da". He doesn't do this yet which could have something to do with not using his tongue correctly. If we don't see progress on the solids and consonant sounds in one month we may possibly need to look into therapy. The doctor is not too concerned just yet but prayers that Jace may figure these two things out in the next month would be much appreciated.
Some other things about Jace at 9 months:
- He is crawling everywhere (8mos) and now pulls himself to standing
- He LOVES to flash big smiles to everyone
- He will sometimes wave bye-bye
- He loves to dance (wave his hands) and sing ("oooohhhhh ooohhhh") to music
- His favorite toy right now is Jordyn's kitchen set. He loves opening and closing the oven door.
- He loves to harass our cat Wylie and also splash in her water bowl
- He loves to play in the water as long as it isn't a bath
- He loves to give big, sloppy, wet kisses
- He is very attached to mom or dad right now
- He follows his big sister all over the house and really frustrates her when he tries to "help" her do puzzles.
We love you so much Jace. You bring so much joy to our lives. We thank God for you every day!