Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Holidays & I'm Back

I'm back to blogging...hopefully. I haven't posted in a while because it has been a crazy couple of weeks. Having a new baby at home and chasing around a very active 16 month old would have kept me busy enough alone, but on top of all that we had Christmas parties, Christmas shopping (I procrastinated), and snow plowing. I normally LOVE the snow...especially snow storms, but this year I could have done without so much right at Christmastime. Jer ended up plowing pretty much around the clock for a week straight. I actually think I got more sleep than he did even though I was staying up with Jace at night. I procrastinated on the shopping...mainly because before I had Jace it took all my energy just to walk into the store. I couldn't imagine actually doing some shopping too. Needless to say, I could have used Jer home to help with a new baby, Jordyn, Christmas shopping, and present wrapping but that was not the case this year. The holidays flew by and we stumbled through them. Hopefully now that the snowstorms are over for now and the parties are mostly done, Jer and I can settle down with our new family....and maybe I will post on the blog more regularly again!

Anyway, things are going well so far with Jace. He is a very hungry boy!! He is growing and healthy and that is all we ask for! Jordyn is adjusting quite well. She has her moments, usually when Jace is crying. When he cries, she cries...but it is a really face cry. I think she just wants some of the attention that he is getting at the time. She is quite a little helper already. She loves to bring Jace his bottle and pacifier and she always lingers at the diaper changing table to hand me everything I could possibly need and more for Jace's diaper change. Aside from that, she is keeping pretty busy in her new box (why did I even buy her Christmas presents??). She hangs out in her box with her books, dolly, pots and pans for hours at a time. It's quite entertaining.

Jer took some time off from work for the holidays and to help out with Jace. It's a good thing he did that since he spent most of his time off so far plowing. They don't have a ton of work right now so he might take another couple of weeks off. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I love having him home right now. We will see what happens though because he tends to go stir crazy very quickly!

Other good news in our family is that my brother and sister-in-law, Bryan and Katy, had a daughter, Rogue McKenzie. She was born 2 days after Jace on December 10. I'm sure Jace and Rogue will have a lot of fun playing together soon! Congratulations Bryan & Katy!! (Rogue would have gotten her own post, but things got too crazy around here. Sorry Rogue...we LOVE you!

That is our house in a nutshell for right now. Here are some pictures:








So far, Jace hates having a bath


Jace and his new cousin, Rogue


Welcome Rogue!!






4 comments:

Tiffany Kraker said...

Hey, Wiley made it in a picture (atleast her tail did)

Hopefully things will settle down a bit now for you guys, that is so nice that Jer is able to stay home and help out!

heidi said...

wow, you guys have been busy! hopefully you can enjoy more family time now that the snow is gone. Jace is such a cutie too!

Jen said...

That's great that Jordyn is being a big helper!! Life is crazy with 2 sometimes, but so fun...I'm sure they'll be great friends when they're older. I'm hoping the snow stays away so Jer is home more!

heidi said...

thanks! the picture was actually the announcement so you didnt miss it:) I hope all is going well with you guys!